Welcome to Reception
A warm welcome to you all!
The class Teacher is Mrs Powell and the Teaching Assistant is Mrs Brandram-Jones.
We have lots of fun in Reception learning through play, stories, songs, cooking, craft, outdoor learning, forest school as well as sitting and listening joining in with games and class discussions.
We welcome you into our school through workshops, coffee mornings, story sessions as well as school festivals and assemblies.
In Reception we believe that children have a right to expect a curriculum that is fun, motivating, interesting and most importantly purposeful. We strive to develop imagination through a stimulating, creative environment where every child has the opportunity to shine.
At Much Birch we aim to develop all subjects thoughtfully and to make links that are relevant, appropriate and purposeful to the area of learning.
Areas of Provision EYFS Learning Outcomes
Continuous Provision offers children the chance to engage in active learning through hands-on, play-based activities which they can access whenever they choose.
Continuous provision can enable children to explore recent learning, practise new skills, and follow their own interests, both indoors and out. Staff will often enhance the provision areas to make links to adult-led activities, being sure that children have plenty of chances to practise and improve skill, knowledge and confidence in active, independent learning.
Phonics Presentation 23 24
Parent Information 2023
EYFS Annual Plan
Autumn term information
How you can help at home
- encourage your child to put on their coat independently
- read their school book for 10 minutes every day, talk about the characters, their feelings, the events
- read a bedtime story and discuss
- learn the letters and sounds that are sent home
- look around the environment discussing shapes and numerals
- encourage your child to sing nursery rhymes and talk about their day
What have we been learning? Autumn 1- Let's Discover...
Our year so far...
Our first half term we have been 'discovering'...
- All about how special I am, my interests, what I can do, what I like and don't like
- All about my peers and their interests
- All about the Autumn season, colours, weather, animals
- All about our school environment
- All about the class routines, rules and expectations
- How I can learn
Our Value - Friendship
Our school value this half term is 'Friendship'.
As part of our 'Let's Discover' topic we have been finding out all about our new classmates and building our friendships.
We listened to a story called 'Rainbow fish' and learnt all about how the Rainbow fish made friends and the different feelings at different times in the story.
At first the Rainbow fish was proud but lonely. When he gave away his precious scales he made friends and he had a warm feeling inside which we agreed was the feeling of being accepted and being a good friend.
We then went on to discuss how we could be a good friend.
This is the display we enjoyed creating.
For further information about the EYFS please click link below.